Back to School Special!





Today, Doug's Club went to the Fort Worth Stockyards to paint.  This August is unlike any other, almost cool. overcast and breezy.  We painted just in the morning as it began to sprinkle. The painting on the top was painted at the Stackyards and when I got home I really wanted the yellow cab to be important so I painted it in the front.  It is a little more believable, but not sure it made it any better.

We had a good group as you can see! We thought we were adding to the tourist attraction thing, but one of the T-shirt sellers did not approve of us in front of his tables.  Guess we were obscuring the flying pigs just a little too much  There is much to paint here.  When I arrived at 8:30 AM there were very few cars and fewer people.  I need the color of the Yellow Cab in my painting.  I added it in the studio afterwards along with the "Fort Worth Stockyards" - too much gooey paint to do it on site. Only one painting, but a great day with good company!


Below is a view of the courthouse
as you drive away from the Stockyards.  I have always wanted to paint this view.  When I figure out how to get there without being killed I will do it.  It is in the middle of a bridge that is usually heavily with traffic.  Loved the skies today!  Rain precious rain!


















Comments

Popular Posts