Chandor Gardens




It's still over 100 degrees here.  There is one place where the cool breezes can be found!  Chandor Gardens.  I wonder if they have notices how many new memberships they have enjoyed with all of the plein aire artists from Doug's Club coming to paint? Today was no exception and we enjoyed the beauty from open to closing time.
Koi Pond, Beautiful reflections!
Love Chandor;s circle
 



There were five of us, TK, Doug Clark, of course, Tosca and Sarah. Deciding what to paint is the hardest thing.  There is so much it is really hard to narrow it down to something you can handle in a couple of hours.  I have admired the trellis every time that I've painter here.  The contrast of the brilliant sunlight and the cool shadows is the story here.  I am still a novice at such things, but you get there by practice, right?  Getting the darks dark enough and keeping the lights is hard.





We had lots of wipe offs today.
I rarely allow myself to do that.  If I did I would never finish a painting.  Instead I barrel through and paint over it later if I cannot pull it off - which is all too often.

Top is Tosca with her paintings, then TK going after the Caladiums!  Sarah is getting ready to paint a doorway into a courtyard.  Doug is putting the finishing touches on his Foo dog.









Below is a doorway that is the most delicious shade of green.  The charming oriental lantern hanging next to it deserves it's own painting.  The turquoises bounce all over the place.  Soft salmon colors reflect from the sun drenched brick below the door and bounce up onto the wall to mix with the shadows.  The green of the follage mixes in with all of the above to make an amazing assortment of colors.  The longer I looked at trying to paint is the more challenging it became.  The Gardens close at 3pm on Saturday so I did not quite finish.



Comments

  1. I'm glad you painted the door, you did a wonderful job and the top painting looks great too, as always.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts